Sunday, May 17, 2009

Feelin' crafty

We've been a little crafty round here lateley.............................


Ned doing wet felting.
String balloons.
And quite a bit of sewing. Surprised? I am, sewing has never interested me but due to the fact that beautiful fabric is a bit like scrapbooking paper and becomes quite addictive I thought I had better do something with the stuff I had bought!!! It also doesn't help when you have a friend (Caro) who regularly sends through links to buy beautiful fabric just to add to the temptation !!!
I made a curtain to hide Ned's aircon and an ugly window view and added a couple of trees and a birdie - too cute !


And then this pile of lovlieness arrived from the US of A and it looked too nice to cut up so I stared at it for awhile and then started work on............
this !!!!
A beautiful throw for snuggling up on the couch over these cooler months. I am really proud cause all the squares lined up, which should probably be easy for most but I struggled and the backing was a nightmare but after a few calls to Caro I got it on.
The backing is a really soft brown polar fleece but for some reason in the photos it looks like horrible scratchy terry towelling !!

It's doing it's job !

1 comment:

Carolyne Thornton said...

Hi Jacqui, your quilt is total awesomeness!! I love it! I also REALLY like your cute curtain. Looks very cool, might steal that idea to put on a bag!