Tuesday, January 04, 2011

December Roundup!

Arrhh December - so busy with all the usual end of year / Xmas stuff but we also squeezed in:

a repaint of our $15 dump table (I'm going to sew a table runner for up the middle - sometime!)

 Got all my goodies in the mail ready for lucky recipients!
 Made a couple of pencil rolls for teachers.
 Dug up our potato barrel for a disappointing five potato's
 Screenprinted Star Wars inspired shirts for Xmas gifts.
 Got our pressies wrapped up with Al's painting paper, string and doilies.
 Pop came round to install a splitter so Jar gets tv in her room - Lachie bought her a big flat screen tv!!
 Our Xmas table before it got covered in food.
 Christmas Eve, technically christmas cause I didn't get to bed til 1am!
 For some reason around midnight I decided it would be a good idea to take photos of my Christmas dec's - clearly I was overtired and slightly manic!!  I won't bore you with them all but this little tin angel Nic gave me is still my most favourite!

 We got our cement slab laid - yay!
 I got this years advent calenders ready just in time.
 We did rockclimbing...
 and found treasure!
Ned and Al had a swim - I had a really long strapless dress on so I had to sit on the shore and watch!!!

 I finally finished my first quilt - made with vintage (old!!) sheets and machine quilted in very crooked lines!!  It just needs a spin in the washer and dryer to get that wrinkly old look (which would have been done but our washing machine is out of action.  It gave Jar and I a few little shocks and when we googled it there is currently a recall for that reason!!)
 We went to Neds Xmas carols and to see their years work in the classroom.
Riley and Ned!

No comments: